Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - engine mounting location 36 ford coupe
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2002, 09:37 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Post engine mounting location 36 ford coupe

I HAVE A 36 FORD 3 WINDOW COUPE, GLASS BODY ON AN ORIGINAL 36 FORD FRAME WITH FATMAN MUSTANG FRONT END I WELDED IN. MY PROBLEM IS THE ENGINE TRANNY, AND REAR END WERE ALL INSTALLED WHEN I BOUGHT THE CAR. I THEN DECIDED I'D USE A GLASS BODY SO I SOLD THE ALL STEEL BODY AND AM NOW READY TO INSTALL THE RADIATOR AND ELECT FAN. AFTER I DID THAT I THOUHGT I'D BE ABLE TO START AT THE GRILL AND WORK BACKWARD THEN BOLT THE BODY ON.
I STARTED TO SET THE RADIATOR ON THE MOUNTS ON THE ORIGINAL FRAME AND FOUND OUT I HAVE NO WHERE THE ROOM NEEDED TO INSTALL THE RADIATOR SO I CALLED THE PEOPLE THAT SOLD ME THE RADIATOR AND ASKED DID I HAVE THE WRONG ELECT. FAN? THE TOLD ME I NEED TO MOVE THE ENGINE AND TRANNY BACK TO OBTAIN THE CLEARANCE I NEED, MAN I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, SAY IT AINT SO!!

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IS THE PROPER DEMENSION FROM THE FRONT EDGE OF THE FRAME TO WHERE THE MOTOR MOUNTS MUST BE.

I'M USEING A CHEVY 350 AND A GM TH350 TRANNY, WHICH ALL LOOKED PERFECT WHERE THEY WERE MOUNTED. IF I DO HAVE TO MOVE THEM BACK WHAT KIND OF TROUBLE WILL MOUNTING THE TRANNY SUPPORT BE, WHAT TO I NEED TO DO THERE.

I KNOW ONE OR MORE OF YOU GENIUSES OUT THERE CAN HELP, I'VE SEEN SOME OF THE QUESTIONS ASKED HERE, I KNOW NO ONE CAN STUMP YOU, SURELY NOT ME

BOMO

ALSO COULD YOU TELL ME IF THERE IS A BOOK WRITTEN BY SOMEONE THAT MIGHT EXPLAIN THESE PITFALLS AHEAD OF TIME?