engine mounts - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2004, 12:02 AM
back to action!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

engine mounts

hi everyone. looking around here and there and viewing some of the great projects posted i've been really motivated to get back to my project. i have a kit car frame that was originally a part for a t-bird kit that has long been out of business. someone gave this to me and i have no manual or books with it and anywho to make a long story short i need mounts to drop in a 351. i have never even given this a second thought until i saw some of the awesome projects going on in here. my friend put a late model 350 into a '55 frame and had ordered this slick tube-like mount that fit neatly between his frame rails and i really doubt there is one available for my aplication. so do i rig up something from scratch or do i get the original mounts for this engine and slice and dice? my references show only how to construct solid mounts that bolt inbetween the water pump and block. while this looks pretty trick i don't want to go this route. so how do you guys tackle something like this? i don't really need indepth answers, just steer me in the best safest direction. i know without seeing the frame and knowing the measurements will make things more vague but thanks in advance anyway.

Les

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2004, 12:48 AM

Last photo:

I would go with the factory engine mounts and fab a cradle mount to attach them to ,i did this 25 years ago with a 389 in a 41 international pick up .
Old 02-07-2004, 01:04 AM
back to action!

Last photo:

dynodon, i was starting to give up hope. the more i thought about it, the more i figured using stock mounts would be the best way for me, exactly what you said. i'm still looking through my books for any hints in case i missed something but i don't think i'll find anything. rollcages, fuel cells, and hood scoops-i got tons on that. also looking through the knowledge base i found all kinds of frame related material so that was a bonus. thanks for your reply.
Les
Old 02-07-2004, 01:11 AM

Last photo:

and the funny thing was we put that engine in the truck in one night ,pulled the engine out of a 1969 gto ,held it in postion and started fabbing ,finished as it was getting daylight,and towed it home with a garbage truck useing the lift thing to tow it ,but we had the help of a great fabercater Jungle Jim was partying with us that night he built a few wild cars before he became a name in drag racing .Glad it helped you
Old 02-07-2004, 01:20 AM
back to action!

Last photo:

i had a revell 1/24 model of Jungle Jim's funny car. i just noticed it in your avatar. that was back in the 70's. everyone who knew cars knew him back then. and a good buddy of mine works as a garbageman and my frame is in his garage 6 miles away. hmmm........thanks for hint #2.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:30 AM

Last photo:

hey brother call me

Last edited by angel of the road; 02-07-2004 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:44 AM

Last photo:

Speedway Motors sells a complete line of adjustable tube engine and trans adapters along with the motor and trans mounts. check them out at speedwaymotors.com

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.