Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Engine not running happy upon first start up
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 07:43 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykobo View Post
Hi

I would like to thank all the guys here for helping me build me 350 TBI engine

I had the same problem with youand it's comp cams fult

I have set the timing on 0 and when I try to crank the engine it's backfire from the throttle.....I thought it's need a spcial degee or something.....but it's won't start

finally I after 2 weeks of trying I found the problem...it's the comp cams timing gear #2100

it's give you a totally diffrent degree of the 350 engine

usually when you matching the two points on the timing gear the piston #1 must be on TDC "new lesson to me" but with comp cams when you matching the points the piston #1 is going down with open intake ..or intake stroke and that's why it's back fire when you try to crank the engine

comp cams is junk is poeple say and now I belive they are junk

it wasting me the money-time-work so you should match the old parts with the new
see the diffrent between the comp cams gears"left" and other brand with a correct timing "right"

I try the free host but won't work...so I upload the picture in my flickr account

comp4re | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

good luck and contact the comp cams....I think they replace it ...I,m not yet contact comp cams yet
What year and model 350 are you working on. The Comp Cams #2100 is for 1967-1991 Chevrolet. Comp Cams #2136 is for 1985-1999 Chevrolet.