Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Engine not running happy upon first start up
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Almost Done... hahaha

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykobo View Post
Hi

I would like to thank all the guys here for helping me build me 350 TBI engine

I had the same problem with youand it's comp cams fult

I have set the timing on 0 and when I try to crank the engine it's backfire from the throttle.....I thought it's need a spcial degee or something.....but it's won't start

finally I after 2 weeks of trying I found the problem...it's the comp cams timing gear #2100

it's give you a totally diffrent degree of the 350 engine

usually when you matching the two points on the timing gear the piston #1 must be on TDC "new lesson to me" but with comp cams when you matching the points the piston #1 is going down with open intake ..or intake stroke and that's why it's back fire when you try to crank the engine

comp cams is junk is poeple say and now I belive they are junk

it wasting me the money-time-work so you should match the old parts with the new
see the diffrent between the comp cams gears"left" and other brand with a correct timing "right"

I try the free host but won't work...so I upload the picture in my flickr account

comp4re | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

good luck and contact the comp cams....I think they replace it ...I,m not yet contact comp cams yet
The gear set on the left has 3 key ways to allow you to set the cam advanced or retard you may have just used the wrong key way, check the instructions again