Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Engine not running happy upon first start up
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Almost Done... hahaha

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykobo View Post
I have tow TBI engine.......1993 TBI and my orginal car engine which is 350 1990 caddy

they are the same crank and the same parts and thier orginal gears are exactly the same....no diffrent

comp cams offer two types of gear with the same #

check them on ebay and you'll see the diffrent man

I try all the key....as the comp cams instraction say......all keys should match the round on the round in the cam gear......but non match

today I just put the gears on the right and the engine start great.......I have the orginal GM gears for the engine both

I,m just in way to learn.......hemi engines usaully use the same cam.....maybe it's for a hemi engine...I don't know about them...but it's diffrent.

ask comp and see....they offer two types

maybe I,m on mistake....but the male on the crank allow me to use only one key which I put a round on

maybe it's for an aftermarkiting crank?
I think you misunderstood the instructions, the round dot is used when using the round key way, it you are using the square keyway you need to line it up with the square mark on the outside NOT the round dot, if you are using the triangle toped keyway you would use the triangle mark.

That should be where you are having the issue, if you used the square keyway that you circled but lined it up with the round dot you installed the cam off by quite a bit, i have circled the marks that you use with each keyway

stock would be the round dot with the round key way that is in basically the same position as the gear set on the right