Hot Rod Forum banner

engine paint

857 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  46chevyfleetline 
#1 ·
:welcome: Good morning;is anyone into painting their engine and related parts? I am doing research on My upcoming ford project! I have a 1965-66 390 ,today i need to find colors for the bellhousing,with all of the new engine paints Ford now offers about three different paints!:

#2 ·
Good Morning; Plasti-kote makes a real nice ford blue. Ive used both the red and blue and they turned out real nice. Used the engine primer then the paint and then the clear. Its in a rattle can and here, we get it at our local Car Quest store. Hope this helps you out and good luck on your project. Love them 390's. Cheers!!!! :thumbup:

#4 ·
How did you make out getting the paint for your 390. I tried three diff. blues and not one is right. I have a guys phone # and address that will mix the proper colour for the year you need for any engine you have. I had forgot about this guy till today when I stopped by a buddie's shop and he was putting the tranny back in his '54 Buick. if you need the info let me know. Cheers!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.