Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Engine Painting Question
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 07:18 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPandComing
Please for the love of god stop everything you are doing and scrape that stuff off the inside of your block, I work in a machine shop building engines for race cars and fixing the engines the average joe thinks he's going to make 600hp with, every time we get one in with issues we find that the peeling or disintegrating paint inside the engine is causing excessive wear in the bearings, clogging oil pumps etc. today's modern fuels alcohols and diesels are very potent and will eat away anything you spay inside your engines to increase oil flow. If oil return is that important please take it to a shop or get a deemed and start smoothing the rough surfaces

For the love of GOD !!thank you for chiming in on this painting of the motor inside, I tried to share this with him but/ i wasn't in depth enough on what i said to him. He doesn't want to listen to fact, Maybe he will now. YOU DON'T PAINT THE INSIDE OF A MOTOR FOR ANY REASON. Have a good day everybody bob s