Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Engine Painting Question
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 08:05 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: Take a kid to a car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPandComing
nothing wrong with positive results but its circumstantial now do you just build street engines? any racing applications? nitro or alcohol based fuels?

If this Questions for me? the answer is yes Ive built and worked on them all and The only thing circumstantial is getting a block into a shop and thinking that coating the inner block is bad because the coating didn't hold up!! what I would suspect is that someone didn't know what they were doing or they used the wrong coating (like rustolium, etc ) I see inner blocks coated with all kinds of paints!! If you dont know what your doing (the prep) or have the right product dont do it!! or if your not worried about the bare cast! dont do it! If your building street engines dont do it! Im not trying to talk any one into anything ( its a process many shops use and Im one) Some one told the man to scrape it off or his engine would fail!!! If its applied right and its the right material he'll be fine!

Jester