Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Engine Painting Question
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 05:25 PM
oldtimerodder

Last journal entry: 52 Chev PU
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The body shop guy will more than likely tell you it can't be done. My dad was a fender bender for 40 years. I learned most of my skills from him. When I went to his shop to do my clear work he was fit to be tied. "that will never work" of course he said it in a much different manner, in any case I did what I did, and by the way the guy who told me how to do this is Jon Kosmoski, you may be familiar with his name, he had a shop that was called the House of Kolor in Minneapolis at 26th and 26th. Jon is a great guy and used to hand out information all the time. He had a layout/stripper named Dave Bell and they did killer paint in the late 60's and early 70's. I think the House of Kolor is still at the original place, but Jon sold his formulas to Valspar. So when you get HOK paint now it comes from Valspar. Still the same great product though. I was a lucky young man to be "taught" by the best custom painter of his time. So tell the body shop guy to give it a try on a test piece. Don't let him argue just tell him to try it.