Hot Rod Forum banner

Engine running to cool

882 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  wrnglr06 
#1 · (Edited)
I am a new user. I know this probably has been brought up before, I looked at similar posts but nothing that answers my problem. I purchased a 74 Nova but the engine is a 77 305, not sure why the previous owner picked that engine. It originally had a 160 thermostat and had no problems, I decided to go with a 195 and I tested it before intalling it and it opened fine, now the engine will only heat up to 170 and I also checked to see if the radiator was flowing just in case the temp guage was not reading correctly and it appears to be fine. I have never come across this problem before, any help would greatly be appreciated.

#2 ·
I am a new user. I know this probably has been brought up before, I looked at similar posts but nothing that answers my problem. I purchased a 74 Nova but the engine is a 77 305, not sure why the previous owner picked that engine. It originally had a 160 thermostat and had no problems, I decided to go with a 195 and I tested it before intalling it and it opened fine, now the engine will only heat up to 170 and I also checked to see if the radiator was flowing just in case the temp guage was not reading correctly and it appears to be fine. I have never come across this problem before, any help would greatly be appreciated.
Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,.... Is it gettin' to 170° runnin' down the road, or runnin' in the driveway,..??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.