Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - engine shutting down at random.
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 09:29 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

engine shutting down at random.

Hello everyone
I need some help, I'll try to keep this painless as possible. I bought my 67 chevell a year ago, someone put a 350 in it, when I do not know. According to my records this car did not move much in the past tweleve years, not much at all. It runs 100 percent, I've been driving it for a month.
Ok now for the problem. Just recently out of the blue the motor stalls, no puttering, no hesitating, I mean click done like a light switch, It starts backup perfect when I turn the key everytime. started once every hour or so on the way home, now non stop in the driveway. Maybe every min, or next time three min, then five. No ryme to reason. I touched everywire under the sun to cause it to stall, no luck mind of its own. I just removed the old distrubitor and installed new one, no luck. Thats where im at. Sorry so long I just wanted to paint a clear picture. Oh the coil wire, I since ran a new one from fuse box, and it stalled again. I then ordered a new ignition switch, currently removed till new one comes in.

Last edited by cloned1973; 03-18-2012 at 09:56 AM.