Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Engine start up/ test stand
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 05:20 AM

Last journal entry: Journal Update
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Engine start up/ test stand

Nicely done. Like the idea of the rubber mounts, I thought about using them, but as I recall from running engines on a pallet, they don't move much when running unless something is wrong. The bell housing is also mounted solid to the bottom rail. I could always add in the rubber motor mounts if needed I am not sure if I am going to use headers or factory manifolds, I guess it could go either way. Maybe I will make a set of mufflers for both, this way I can test both!

If you get a chance, take a look at the stand posted by Mustangsaly. The wheels on it look like cheap casters (I am sure those are worse than my lawn mower wheels!) The supports for the wheels look really thin.

Has anyone bought one of these?

I'd be interested to see if any changes were made to it, on closer inspection it looks like it's cheaply made (for the $250 price tag) almost looks like the cheap engine carts you can buy at the shows from the Chinese tool vendors (I own a couple of those as well, but welded them together because they start to collapse on themselves from the weight) Those old tin cans can't keep up with the weight