Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Engine swap?
Thread: Engine swap?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryhelms76 View Post
I was only thinking of small block because thats what came out in it and the BB gives off alot of heat. I just did all the frontend parts and had it realigned so handling so far is ok. I love the power of the BB but theres no room for a A/C and it makes the car so hot inside,
I would keep the BB JMO , 74 was the last year for a BB anyway even though there should be enough room for A/C on that car IMHO not that much difference between the 74 thru 77 that i know of under the hood, and as far as it running warm/hot i agree with the others the clutch probably not doing it's job and if you still have the OEM radiator it probly needs to be pulled and properly cleaned out and problems should go away. JMO the reason i said leave the BB in instead of going with a SB is if you really like the BB the SB is not going to help with the selling factor anyway down the road those years don't really bring any big money anyway, but still pretty cool car to build and play around with i have been there. IMHO So have fun enjoy the ride. did you have to change the hood to run the BB ?

Cole
The Following User Says Thank You to eloc431962 For This Useful Post:
terryhelms76 (07-07-2012)