Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - engine swap
Thread: engine swap
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 01:28 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

engine swap

I have a Pontiac 326, 389 tri power and a speical built 513 from jim butler perforamce. The 389 is in a 62 Pontiac safari Waygon and is running good. The 326 is in nothing and all I would have to do is a head job. I have 2 671 heads to rework. My plans were to take the 389 out of the waygon and drop the big block in it. However the 292 engine in my Edsel needs to be replaced. I am thinking about trying to have a valve job done on the 671 heads and install it in the Edsel with tri power and a tubo 400. Has any one every done this and could give me some advice. I know the motor mount and a new transmission mount will have to be made. I have an Edsel parts car and thought I would remove front cap and take a trial run on putting the 326 in the parts car. Then I would have all the mounts fabricated and ready for the engine and trans swap. I think that after I put the BB in the waygon I might have the 389 bored 60 over then put it in the edsel.
I know that I am taking on a big job but I am retired and have the time.
All comments and help will greatly appriciated. In my eariler years I was to busy with a work caree and money was a little short then, now I have the time and garage and the money part might be ok.
Both kids are grown and on their own.