Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - engine swap
Thread: engine swap
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 07:47 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

engine swap

Mr.= Pbody
That is the decision I have almost made, but gearheadslife has come up with rebuilding the 292. Here's my thought on that is that rebuilding the 292 l3aves me with the open crankcase breaher/vent pipe. I don't know if I could install a PCV system on the 292 or knot, I think it would be simple. The Edsel is my crusing car and I am not trying to get 300 or 400 hp in it. I just want to drive it without a lot of smoke trailing behind me. The old 292 runs great,but when stlppod at a light somke comes from under the car so bad I could smog for bugs.
AS dar as the pontiac engines go I was going to usr the stock 326. The 513 CI has been bores 60 over, blanced, stroked, with special racing heads, balanced, and blueprinted. I not going to say how much I have in this engine. I don't know what the HPor Torque is since it asn't dynoed yet, but it shoud be high with all the things that have been done to it besides roller cam an rockers. I am really a Pontiac man but the wife the Edsel. This engine is destin for th 62 waygon. I found where I can get a good used 390 FE for around $900.00 with a 3 yr warrenty on parts and labor which sounds pretty good to me.
Thanks to eveyone for their comments.