Thread: engine swap
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompske View Post
Hello, my name is kevin and i am a newbie on here so be nice! lol

My question is this; i have a 1992 buick roadmaster wagon with 65,000 original miles (5.7 v8) and a 1989 chevy K-1500 silverado(305 v-8) 4x4 is it feasable to swap engines with no issues? both engines are stock and do run,however the 305 in the truck has high miles and the 350 in the buick runs great! my wife no longer wants to drive the buick and i thought hmm instead of shelling out a ton of money for an engine i would check around to see if that 350 would fit my truck! any ideas?
They should bolt up but computwr may need to be swapped and roadmaster surely has a different computer than the truck. I would say yes but a tune and possibly a computer swap is in order and probably injectors for the 350 if they are different since the computer will be timed for the larger or smaller injectors.

Now not sure if the 5.7 is a lt1 or not it might be in the roadmaster and that would present all kinds of issues. I know the big caddy is lt1 same as the corvette. I would not be suprised to see it in the road master as well. They actually had some power.

Find out if the road master is lt1 or tpi or tbi? That will be the first step. And also do the same for the truck 305.