Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - engine swap 36 cord to GM V/8 FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 08:02 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
I understand Jerry. I am a street rodder and truly appreciate taking a piece of history and making it practical to use. I had the opportunity to build back the bottom 12-14 inches of a rusty Graham Hollywood 20 years ago for a customer. I really enjoyed working on it. That is how I knew it was the same body as the Cord. I personally believe making it rear wheel drive will be the way to go.

By the way, I will be 67 next month so I hope I didn't step on your toes. I always built cars no one else would tackle but as I get older, a 5-6 year project is not as enticing as it used to be. However you proceed, I hope you will keep us posted on your progress.,,,,,,(we really like pictures)

John L
hello again john,thanks for your comments and belive me you did'nt step on my toes at all.i picked you to respond to as you're one of the more moderate voices on this site.i've had some experiance with full restorations,did a 55 bel air convertiible 12 yrs. ago, brought it back to #1 condition, no mickey mouse anywhere. the only area not original was the mill,trans and disc brakes , my cousin built up a corvette 350 block using the best components[he builds and races funny cars at the epping n. h. dragstrip] i had him keep the top end stock appearing so it would look original, the turbo 350 was built by fred brown racing and it ran strong considering the limitations of the top end. my cousin will perform the swap on my cord as he can also build a new stubframe i told him i would do all the research thats why i picked this site.the cord drivetrain requires constant and expensive repairs, it will be converted to gm fwd, i'll post pics as soon as my wife shows me how. again thanks everybody, jerrycord