Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - engine thoughts....
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 04:48 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79z28dude View Post
454c10- i actually already have all the parts... i went with the air gap for the the cooler intake temp and also the longer runners. with the longer runners the velocity is increased and thats the main "feature" of the vortec heads. Thats also the reason for the poly carb spacer...

as for the extra fuel cell, i was thinking something very similar to doing that. but i was curious just a electric fuel pump in there? and it only turns on when you arm the system?
Yes, the pump would come on when you "arm" the system. Then the N02 and fuel solenoids come on at full throttle with the throttle switch.

Having owned an airgap. It takes 30 minutes of driving before the intake gets warm enough to drive without off idle engine hesitation. When it comes to carbs, cool fuel is not a good thing, as the fuel tends to change from vapor back to fluid then puddles up. Anything less than 50F or even 60F makes for a long warm up period. I removed that airgap as soon as a could and went back to the regular rpm. I hope you have better results with the airgap than I did.