Engine Valve Couver with baffle - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2003, 09:30 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Engine Valve Couver with baffle

I have chev 350 engine with 202 heads roller rockers and a stud girdle.The valve couvers that are on the engine are a tall valve couver but have no baffle .With out the baffle i have some oil that comes out of the breather and makes a mess.I also do not have a pcv valve in the system so i guess iam not venting my crank very good.I do not whant to change the roller rockers or stud girdle what iam looking for is a set of tall valve couver chrome with baffles that will clear the stud girdle and let me put a pcv valve in the system.I could use some heip from you guys.The car is a 1978 custom vette.350 400hp.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2003, 10:30 AM
Race it, Don't rice it!

Last photo:

Is there a place to punch out and put in grommets? You could also put a cross over tube beween the covers to vent the engine and keep oil from seeping through. You can build baffles with sheet metal and epoxy or cold weld to suit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2003, 11:07 AM

Last photo:

One problem some aftermarket valve covers have is the hole for the breather is directly over a rocker arm and the rocker slats oil up directly at the breather,causing a mess.
You can make a thin tin shield that will miss the stud girdles and cover the breather hole on the inside of the cover and pop rivet it in place.I'd make the baffle cover most of the underside of the valve cover so the oil has a long way to go to get out.one in each valvecover and put the pcv valve in one and a breather in the other and your good to go.
been there,done that
Old 07-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Hammer and a torch

Last photo:

You can also just get the push in type breather that has a 1/2" hose connection and run high temp hose down to the headers and install the one way valves that dump to the exhaust... (do this on both sides...) No need for a PCV valve then... Its an oil scavange system for drag cars and works great...

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.