Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Enhance a Ford 8" or ??
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2002, 07:44 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

1st - thanks to all the advice, it is greatly appreciated by someone who literally grew up in the car scene (father was affiliated with GM for 43 years), but I have been OUT of the car (hot rod) scene for about 22 years or so. There is not much auto stuff left upstairs that isn't covered with 6" of dust.

I am sticking with the 8" for now, mainly because I am out of time. The search for the right 9" and IF I found it, getting the 5-point suspension put back on, will take a long time (I think). I ordered a complete 3rd member from Currie. Randy's wanted my 3rd member, the same amount of $$ and a lot of time to get it there and back.

I understand that Currie uses an Auburn set up for the posi, and I went with 3.80 gears. Since Currie is so close to me, I should have the unit tomorrow.

If I decide to go nuts with the motor in this thing, which I probably will, I will find a 9" to put in. My attitude right now with the 307 motor and the 8" rear end is; if they blow, they blow!