Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Epoxy Prep also sealer question
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 07:37 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Epoxy Prep also sealer question

I originally was going to paint my car green then I changed to a metallic gold. Problem is I have the DP40LF on all the trunk, hood and interior area that has been there for about 3 months. I have PPG 2K primer blocked to 320 on the exterior with a few very small sand throughs.

Questions?
1. What do I have to do to prep the green epoxy for coverage with Epoxy sealer or 2k sealer? I would like to change it to a gray or silver.

2. With the sand throughs I know it is recommended to cover in Epoxy. If i do this then is it better to use 2K sealer tinted or just cover the whole car in Epoxy Sealer (PPG) that is closer to my gray/silver color wanted?

3. Can you tint PPG epoxy for sealing?

4. Lastly, after I base it how long do you normally wait to clear it? Within flash time or do you let it cure first?

Sorry for so many questions but I am ready to jam it in and then final wet sand exterior. I just need to know what I need to do to cover that darn green epoxy so I can get to the base coat.

Thanks a bunch,

SAM