Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Epoxy sealer/seam sealer/paint equip
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004, 04:43 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Re: Epoxy sealer/seam sealer/paint equip

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackdog
I just repaired all the body and rust damage in the bed of my 76 Terra. Since this is just the beginning of a long project I would like to cover the bare metal with DP epoxy primer, the final paint will be applied next spring. Some questions:

1. Should I seam seal it before or after the epoxy sealer?
Either way but best way would be shoot the DP and let set over night, no need to sand and apply seam sealer.
bwk
2. My compressor is a 6 hp (11.5 cfm @ 40 psi). What would be a good epoxy primer gun?
Any 1.4 gravity feed gun will work but not enough cfm to consider an HVLP.
bwk
3. I use the very common Sharp air regulator/air drier. I'm not sure I'm getting all the moisture out of the system. Whats the best method for drying air?
Thats a good system, if your not sure- Motor guard -makes a little filter that screws on the end of your gun and when the desiccant turns white from blue its time to change. This will tell the story
if the filter needs changing same day you got water problems but if it lasts a week or a few days, your not in bad shape.
bwk

Thanks!