Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Epoxy sealer/seam sealer/paint equip
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004, 04:23 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackdog
I just checked out the Sharp Cobalt (HVLP). It requires 13.9 cfm, dang, shoulda bought a bigger compressor (I only have 11.5@40 psi.) ! What should I consider for a standard, non HVLP siphon gun. I would prefer a name brand unit with good parts availability. Thanks
Before you jump in and buy a high dollar gun, why not go to your paint jobber or jobbers and ask if they have any guns for demo?
Most good size jobbers do and will let you spray something with it, like a scrap fender to see how it works for you.
Not all guns spray the same, some people swear by the Sharp, If I sprayed your fender with one you would take a baseball bat to me! The Iwata 400 is a good gun, but its not my favorite as I like the Sata RP and 2000NR better. A lot of it is how you paint.
I know a lot of painters that hate the Sata and love the Iwata.
Try some out, you will see a difference with each gun depending how you spray.
Get 3-4 guns and go get a wrecked fender from a body shop scrap pile and buy a quart of mismatched paint cheap and spend a day in the garage.