Hot Rod Forum banner

EQ aluminum Torker cyl. heads

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  vinniekq2 
#1 ·
I've been wanting to make a head change mainly for weight reduction and secondly for a little more HP. I've heard good thing about EQ heads & found some bear EQ alum. Torker heads on EBay for 220.00 ea. Their 197cc w/202 on the intake & 65cc w/160 exhaust, chamber is 65cc. Do you think this would be a good choose for a Chevy 350? I have ported iron vortecs on it now with Comp cams 1.6 roller tipped rockers an Cranes spring kit (550 lift). An a RV cam intake .204, exh. 214, LSA 107. I want to use behive springs on these new heads and set it all up for a retro roller cam. I'd tell the piston specs. but I not sure what they are. This will mainly be used as a cruzer/street car. Looking for suggestions. Stock crank & rods, 2 bolt main, 2500 stall, 700r4 trans, 3.42 gears. 78 Camaro. I want to get the heads an slowly start putting every together.

#2 · (Edited)
Well I firmly disagree with most of your post,but don't be offended or take it personal, I think different than most others. I come from riding sport bikes like Kawa 1000s, & Suzuki 750s, an such, an a RD 400 that I wish I still had. Low weight high RPM, I can't get that mode of making HP out of my mind. For every 100 lbs. you loose off your car you gain around 15 HP, someone tell me if I'm wrong but I believe this is a fact. Any how I don't think EQ makes a cheap head, your just not paying for having Edelbrock, ARF or Dart cast into the head. I don't know for sure but if you look at what a lot of circle track engines have on them you might find quite a few EQ heads. If I'm wrong again let me know I'll only chastise you in my mind. Just looking for some input on a good combo. I'm wanting to break into the over 400 HP range.Most likely will be doing a piston change an a light weight Scat cast crank. Also I build a few engines before an build my 700r4 up to 4l70e power handling range.

#4 ·
EQ cylinder heads are not cheap castings!

A few years ago, when they were first introduced to the US market, I learned about the Kiwi company that produces these heads. From raw material to finished product all on site. All computer controlled machining, great stuff.

They had some minor problems with the original offerings but quickly resolved them. Now I would not hesitate to use any of their products. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.