Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Erratic timing in my engine
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric32 View Post
Just to throw my 2 cents in here. My 350 sits in a s10 so room at the bottom is tight and I have done three cam swaps and I never had to drop my oil pan at all even though it has a little room to drop down a hair but I just get everything off and pull the cover off with the pain tight as can be and clean everything up good and I put the timing cover gasket on then put indian head on the gasket then put the right stuff gasket maker on the bottom of the cover and I could get it back on no problem and then just took my finger and wiped the excess gasket maker stuff off the bottom in a gentle sweep and makes a nice smooth gasket after it cures and never had a problem. As far as keeping the flywheel from moving I just took some decent rope and put it through a hole through the flywheel and tied it around the frame close to it and did a nice tight not and got the balancer bolt and pulley on and torqued it down then cut the rope and took it from there. That was my way of doing it and fbirds way is a good way a lot of people use as well.
Eric
Thanks Eric, do you use a new front seal at the timing cover or just gasket maker and call it good?