Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Erratic timing in my engine
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric32 View Post
yeah that is a good idea as I might get a regular size bolt head to screw into the crank and let it dig into it so as not to dig into the cranks itself and the one who posted that is a genius as I never thought of that before. Mine never did do anything to my crank or threads but it was not a hardend piece cause it was brass color and after 5 times using it was done and I had to buy a new one. That is what you get with cheap stuff but I don't work on stuff for a living so I don't always need high dollar stuff.
Yah, I bought a removal tool today, and an installer that should be here tommorow. So hopefully I can get the cover on tonight. My only concern now is getting it to seal, loosening the pan bolts looks like its a nightmare.....longtubes in an S10 seems like a terrible idea lol. You actually can't get the oil filter off without moving the headers. So next week im going to order a filter remote. Yah, its amazing how tight everything is with longtubes, even more so that nothing hits or rattles at all.