Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Eurathane newbie
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 09:06 PM

Last journal entry: studebaker m5
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Eurathane newbie

Im getting ready to paint my 55 Willys truck,It was painted 'viper red' the paint was a eurathane,My dad had never used it,i never have either so he had another guy paint it who did have expeirience with eaurathanes.Well that was 8yrs ago,About 2yrs after the truck was painted the paint turned flat and got 'crows feet' my dad left it that way.I want to paint it,so i began sanding off the old red paint but i noticed that there was no paint dust and the paper was filling up with residue and it appeared that the paint had never fully dried it was damn near like sanding undried paint.Now i have to strip the entire truck which i didnt want to do.The paint was 'house of kolor'..was it poor grade paint? or did the guy who prepped the paint incorrectly mixing the hardeners/activator etc? I got a very good deal on 2 gallons of 'hotrod black' and activator/hardener (hahaha my brother was broke and wanted beer money..so i gave him $120.00 for the entire get up) and can i use my old Devilbiss guns? or should i invest in a more modern gun? i dont do much painting nowadays and dont want to spend a few hundred bucks on a gun that may get used rarely