Hot Rod Forum banner

Ever got stuck in traffic and got a serious blonde moment?

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Dizturbed One 
#1 ·
I did. Got stuck waiting for the homecoming parade to pass,waited 30 minutes. Nothing. I started to smell electrical burn. didnt know if it was me or someone else,Well,me and a few other incredibly stupid people,jumped the median next to us. lol. And right when we got off of it,there was a cop. writing something down. I knew he was there so I had a story ready. Besides the truth on the burning smell. He never moved. Probably busy jotting down our plates.
What incredibly stupid things have yall done?

Oh,there was no one coming on the other side we got off to so we didnt like almost casue a wreck though,I know its illegal.

(Prepares for flamming.)

#2 ·
me and my friend in his car (same car that i got suspended from school in) were driving down main (dragging main) at 11:30 at night.we had just dropped off some kids at our local skatepark. well my frien decided he was goin the wrong way and flipped a u-turn (it was clear) andthe minute we get heading straight, a cop pulls out from a block ahead. :pain:

fortunatly he wasn't looking our way (either that or he was off duty and heading home)! no ticket, but was kinda scared.

i have some better ones, but i dont want to get flamed like you're expecting

#5 ·
Here's a story I dont tell often. When I was 19 I had a 65 El Camino that I decided to take down to the local street races and started cruising up and down the street. Well.. I decided to show off to the big crowd so at the red light I turned the corner and smoked the tires for about 75 feet and took off flying through a canyon. After I thought I'd gotten away with that I noticed head lights coming up behind me and the police lights came on. It turns out that the cop was waiting at the light and watched me turn the corner right in front of him while laying the rubber. Definitely a blonde moment.

#7 ·
17 years old.Poop brown 1974 Pontiac LeMans,I pulled into gas station,got out shut my door.When I got done fueling up my left door wouldn't open,linkage snapped off.Upset,I had to climb in thru the right side.This was in November or December.I barked em going out of the gas station,pulling into the gas station was Officer Friendly.Well I ended up with a reckless driving ticket,+ I got another ticket for having illegal snow stud tires on my car.I did not even know that they were illegal here.My mom and grandparents always ran them during the winter.Seems they passed the law a few years before and I just did not bother to keep up with the law.

#10 ·
The very first time I raced with my 350 powered S-15. I lined up with another 350 S-10 right downtown on a main street in front of a bar (I know, stupid street racing). We both mashed the pedals. What a sound that must have been for the people in line in front of the bar. I hit 3rd gear when I saw the cop parked in the arena a couple of a hundred feet from the road. I know he had to have at least heard us if not seen us, but he never moved. I ran out of gas right about then (mechanical fuel pump starved because of the electric fuel pump still left over from the previous fuel injected engine.) The other guy passed me and kept going because he saw the cop too. He figured I'd get caught because I stalled. A very lucky night.

#15 ·
curb? whats a curb? i drive over them all of the time just because i can........[driving in right lane...sees curb over to the left... gets in left lane... drives over curb... gets back in right lane]
i don't think that its illegal to jump a curb. i do it just about everyday, cops see it, they don't care.......i mean what are they going to charge you with? "i'm giving you this ticket for driving over the curb"........?????????? lol, i don't think so. :confused:

#18 ·
A contact fell out of the fan switch on my 88 Buick Regal so I ripped a wire on it and hotwired it directly to the battery...

Well I'm sitting in deadstop traffic on the freeway with a cop sitting RIGHT next to me, and I notice it getting hot, so I kill the car, listen, and the fan is off...

The wire must have fallen off of the fan.

I happen to partake in the occasional usage of a certain natural herb from time to time... And my "smoking instrument" instantly flew off of my lap and onto the road as I hopped ever so gracefully out of my car.

It hit the ground.

Slid under the cops car and out the other side, sitting right by his drivers door.

Luckily just then the traffic started moving again and he pulled up while I grabbed it real quick.

Since then I have been much more aware of things I sit on my lap when I get up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.