Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ever had an oil filter cost you 110 dollars? Read this crappy story.
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2004, 11:57 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Ever had an oil filter cost you 110 dollars? Read this crappy story.

So I used the oil filter adaptor from my old 305 on my 388. In 77 they used a different filter on the bird, NOT the S25 you guys are used to. So anyway, i wasn't thinking when I got the filter, and I bought an s25 STP for it and plugged it in. ran it for a few minutes yesterday to move the oil around, then shut it down. Well, I left with a friend to go running and noticed a little oil by the back tires at like 1am last night, so I mopped it up with a towel. Came back to check on it today and the car was gone. Note in my apartment, landlord REAALLLY pissed. Don't bring your car back he says. Now he's calling his insurance company and has documented the damage with the city (whatever that means). Car was towed. Charge of 105 dollars.

So I guess my landlord will talk to me on tuesday about what is wrong with the lot. He's used the oil soaking stuff to clean it up. He says its pretty serious, and I'm sure it is, but I think by tuesday he'll realize that it wasn't as much oil as he thought it was (maybe half a quart or a quart).

Well I feel like a fool. Just goes to show you that attention to detail can go a long way.

Please save your digs, I'm already having a crap day.

K