Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Ever had an oil filter cost you 110 dollars? Read this crappy story.
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2004, 12:32 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

hmm all the lease says with regard to parking is that the landlord isn't responsable if your stuff gets damaged or ripped off.

I thought that too, it sucks that it got on the asphalt, but it won't make it to the ground! How thick is the asphalt in those parkinglots, 4-6 inches? That and I thought I understood that asphalt is a petrolium based compound... eventually it should diffuse the oil throughout itself.

Such is the life of a hotrodder, eh? I need to focus on getting a proper place to work on and store my ride, this is getting rediculous.

Quote:
Originally posted by Weimer
I would definately be re-reading the contract....I would also be looking at everyone else's parking spaces(including the landlords) I could almost guarantee that your car wouldn't be the only one in the lot with oil stains....If it isn't the only one...make sure that the landlord knows this and either have him reimburse you for the tow via cash or taken off the rent OR has all the other offenders cars towed also!
Later,
WEIMER
well in his defense, theres a difference between an old car that drips a few drops here and there, and the pretty big puddle I left under my car. 4x6 feet or so man, it was a pretty good slick.

K