Ever killed a car for no reason? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2006, 12:51 PM
User

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I used to try and kill my grandpa's cars everytime he'd let me drive them. His K5 had cancer, and it needed a rebuild, so I would always do lay rubber and tear the glass-packs off. I eventually grew up, but I thought I killed it one time trying to do a burn-out, it just shut off, I figured we was stranded, but it came back to life. Still runs and drives right now. Can't kill a 350. I did manage to kill the universal joints though, shifting from "L1" to "PARK" at about 30 mph on accident. And all that rubber I tryed to lay (With mudgrips)

He still drives his Subaru GL that we got for free. I have got hung in fences with it (Don't ask) the shifter is broken all to hell, so I have shifted to first before at some pretty high speeds (The motor is invincible) I have cruised at red-line before in the car because I was afraid to shift (Off-Roading) and tore the Trampoline-Frame exhaust off several times. Once the body collapses from rust, I'm thinking it would make a nice dune-buggy.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2006, 02:05 PM

Last journal entry: Body work
Last photo:

In the mid seventies I smashed up a perfectly good 57 Buick at the state fair demo derby. I only paid 50 bucks for it and it had a perfect body. I still get hate mail.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:54 PM

Last photo:

Yup, Back in the mid 80s I was told by my buddy to pick up a car for his Mother's friend, she wanted it out of the yard.
We got there, and while my buddy and the lady were talking Greek, I backed my truck up to the mangled Pinto wagon sitting beside her pristine early 70's Nova.
I heard a big commotion, and my buddy came running down- he told me it was the Nova, NOT the Pinto she wanted to get rid of.
The Pinto was wrapped around a pole, completely destroyed, but her son wanted the engine, he had built it himself.
The Nova was the most perfect Nova I had seen, it had brand new tires with stubs sticking out, the car was flawless inside and out, and it had a flawless running 350, with intact working air pump.

I picked the car up and drove to my house.

My buddies had a bar through the trunklid instead of waiting for me to go get the keys almost immediately, and it went downhill from there.
The flawless black carpet was pulled by another buddy for his car, even though there was NO chance of it fitting.
Tires were taken for a buddy's dad's car, and much of the rest of the car was more or less "vandalized" as they looked for stuff they needed.
Another buddy then spray painted brand specific insults all over it.... and it went to the crusher.

Sure woulda liked to have THAT one back.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:46 PM

Last photo:

Now that's just wrong.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:01 AM
Youre confusion is not logical

Last photo:

A friend gave ths car to me and another friend. We cut it up and used it for offroading! As you can see, we gutted it. We even cut everything off after the rear tires. It was awesome until I broke a CV joint.

1991 Geo Prizm.

Old 05-20-2006, 06:08 AM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

What is the thing sticking out of the hood???

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 05-20-2006, 11:06 AM
User

Last photo:

I think its the exhuast pipe, since their is one of those flappers on the end, that way you can drive through water without your car quitting on you. This is why hummers have those pipes that stick out through the fenders.

-GF
Old 05-20-2006, 03:24 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

TUNERS

GO FIGURE

I guess I need to wear my glasses more often

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 05-21-2006, 04:35 PM
One of these days...soon

Last photo:

This idiot killed a ford ranger and almost him self.

146 feet of air
Old 05-22-2006, 07:31 AM
Your Money or Your Life

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:

78 pontiac grand prix with the 400" for $100. we'd go around and hit the road signs with it. would knock em clean out of the ground... i cant go any farther...the car met a bitter end.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:44 AM

Last journal entry: Free tires
Last photo:

Back around 1978 I went a good friends house who had a perfect mint 1972 VW 2 door wagon his dad bought him earlier in the week. We left out for a night of typical cruising, ie, drinking and riding the back roads.
First we went to this old abandoned farm place. After a bon fire and to many beers he got to doing donuts with the VW while a group of us watched, he didn't see the old steel fence post sticking up about 18" out of the ground until after he ripped off the rear bumper and the right rear quarter off behind the tire.
We then left there and hit the mountian roads, after running through a mail box and ditch he now had a flat tire, smashed passenger door and missing hubcaps. We changed the tire and kept on going. About 5 miles later, rounding a turn to fast he went off the road clipping 2 small trees until hitting a big one head on with the right front pushing the fender into the door. He got out and worked the fender back and forth like a beer can until it broke off, busting the windshield in the process. I decided it was time to get off this train wreck and he dropped me off at home.
The next morning I went to his house to survey the damage. Apparently he wasn't ready to go home after dropping me off as when I got to his house the VW had been rolled, the quarter glass was gone, the left front was smashed, it had 3 flat tires and no hubcaps left. It was a total wreck.
Needless to say his dad was not happy and it was the last car he ever bought for him as this was total loss number 3. He went on to total several more, the most heartbreaking was a 1965 Impala SS Convertible 4 speed.
The loss of that one was enough to put him on the sober wagon for good.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:15 AM

Last photo:

1986 Buick Skyhawk high school car. We are not sure if it had 160k or 260k. From what it sounds like with talking to the previous owner (we were like 3rd or 4th owners) it was probably 260k.

Well head gasket blew and other things were going out on it. So instead of spending more to fix it than it was worth or scrapping it. I built it for a demolition derby.

I have run it in two derby's and the little sh** still wont die. It ran the first derby with out water for half the time. I ended up blowing up the clutch disk and got one from a junker. The second derby he ran the whole time with just water circulating the block. The radiator was toast and I couldn't get a different one in there. The second derby the fuel line fell off the internal fuel pump so it would pump gas back into the tank.

Hopefully this year, I will place for cash. I have gotten 4th and 5th the last few years. On to the pics:

Old 05-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Gotta love the classics

Last photo:

Last year I was with one of my senior friends goin to somewhere, I forgot where, and we bought some old datsun or somethin and went back to his farm and went "wood racing" with it. That is where you go out in the woods and pretty much have a demo derby with the trees . You are actually supposed to miss the trees, stay on the trail, make a loop, and make it back to the farm as fast as you can with the rear axle still in the car. yeah thats right we got caught on a chain in the woods and it ripped the rear axle out of the car. We had fun for about an hour and a half
Old 05-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Jeep XJ and a Javelin

Last wiki edit: Compression test
Last journal entry: August 9, part III
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

some guys I know wrecked a geo something... it had a 3banger with rod knock. they got rid of it before they could do anything fun like puttin it in 1st and floorin it till she pops

I did do that to a tecumseh 4horse engine once...
Old 06-27-2006, 03:13 PM
User

Last photo:

'Vette...

Chevette torture, read this

I would love to have had this car. I have never found mag-wheels for a chevette...and I would love to find a 'Vette with floors that aren't rusted out.

Anyway...its a testament to why the Chevette was probably one of the best cars ever made in my opinion. And I don't know of any other crappy 80's econo cars that could go through that torture. I had one with close to 300,000 miles on it, never rebuilt. Still running strong ( )

-GF

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.