Excursion Keypad Code Reset - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Working with chromed bolts
Last journal entry: New to me T-Bucket
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

Excursion Keypad Code Reset

My coworker purchased a 2002 Ford Excursion with the driver door keypad entry and he doesn't have the code. The truck was bought as a repo, he has no manuals for it.

Two trips to CAL's here in Anchorage didn't help. Once the service department said he couldn't give him the fix unless he had the title in hand to prove ownership, even though he had registration, keys and was paying for service! The second time, yesterday the guy said if the vehicle was in their database they may be able to help (it was purchased new from them) but when the truck was picked up they didn't provide it! He gave some BS about needing an expensive devise to extract data, which they don't have.

What gives here?? Isn't there a procedure to reset the code?

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Larry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2005, 03:33 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

No way to reset it. Your friend will have to go to a Dealer and have them get it from the security module.Takes about 15 min or so. Or if you feel like having fun you the # should be on the module if you can find it. I think it's in the right rear behind the trim panels.

Happy Hunting!
Old 02-13-2005, 05:46 PM

Let me start by saying mine was not there and most don't have it. Now behind the radio on the firewall is where the keyless module is, on that box is where the code will be if it was put there from the factory. Some times it is on the front some times on the back of it and most times not at all but it is worth a look. It is a PITA to get to esp if you have big arms. It will be 5 big numbers.

To pull the code the dealer will plug in and it takes 5 min! I watched! They told me an hour and that is BS, as said I watched they plugged in at 1:05 and unplugged at 1:10 with code in hand. I had a friend do it for free on the side because the dealer wanted 80 bucks the ******.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:06 PM

Last photo:

I don't know about trucks, but on many Ford cars the code can be found on a sticker in the trunk. Look around similar places (where's the fuel pump inertia switch?) & you might get lucky.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:51 AM

jimfulco they no longer do that. When you buy new you are now given what looks like a credit card. I guess by putting the code where you could find it they were loosing money.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:03 AM
Start those projects someday

Last journal entry: Divco - has been on the back burner
Last photo:

There are 3 ways to access the code. There was originally a credit card size card in the glove box on new delivery. It has the 5 digit code# on it. If thats not available, you need the dealer to use the NGS or WDS (code readers) to access the code, (only takes 5 secs to access). The last way is to get behind the radio and A/C control panel and find the central security module and get the code off the sticker. The central security module has 3 rectangle connectors going to it.
Old 02-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Come Home Safe Soldier

Last journal entry: Headers
Last photo:

You can redo the module if you are good with electronic circuit boards they have resistores,one for each code.I found this out on my SHO when I was in need of the code for it. Fortunatley I was able to find the sticker.Let me see if I can find the link to DIY but it would probably be more feasible to let the dealer do it.

This may be way different now from when this was submitted.http://webpages.cwia.com/~bdklein/sho.htm

It keeps showing a bad link when I click it,although I copied it from there. Go to Shotimes,search box,type in "Keyless Entry".

It will bring it up there.

Last edited by RCastle; 02-19-2005 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Tundra Wookie

Try calling NYE frontier ford out in wasilla-palmer area. I know its a bit of a drive but they usually offer better service.

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.