Exhaust for 71 Chevelle - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2003, 09:44 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Exhaust for 71 Chevelle

Well guys i went with no ones suggestion... To put an exhaust on my 71 Chevelle. I did the unheard of and put, on the end of each header, a 24 inch Purple Hornie glasspack. I love the way it sounds when you punch it. What do you guys think. Thats all i have tho. Just header then glasspack with no pipes...

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2003, 11:49 PM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:

M....I...crooked letter....crooked letter....I....

Do you have vehicles inspections....
Here in PA we need to have the exhaust exit the vehicle....either in front of the tires with turn-outs or the full route behind the bumper.....My one of two 79 Z-28s has headers then 3 inch pipes into flowmasters with turn-downs just before the axle....
It's county life 'round des here parts and glass packs mean Good ole boy in a pick up truck....I try to stay far away from the glass packs.....

BUT, HEY..... It's your car....do what you please....
Old 07-09-2003, 08:31 AM

Last photo:

HAHA

Yeah i could understand where you are coming from. But all of the rednecks around here have manifolds-2 1/4 piping into a glass pack and out into duels. None of them have headers and none of them have a decent pair of glasspacks. Then all of the other people who dont have mud trucks have flowmaster. Personally i hate flowmaster because everyone has them, I mean sure they might add horsepower and torque but i just dont think you would ever notice the increase. And im not that big a fan of the way they sound. I like the way my car sounds now because it is the only Car in town that sounds the way it does, wich is very good. Thanks...

*EDIT* No we do not have vehicle inspection
I am very glad we do not because i would not be able to drive my car
Old 07-09-2003, 10:36 AM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:

Well, that's good...You are being different....My Z won't pass PA inspections because of the 3 inch turn-downs....(it doesn't exit the vehicle) and also because of the tires. The front has 195s and the rear has 275s. The tires are only supposed to have a one size difference front to rear...265s to 275s or 215s to 225s.....I bought the white car the way it is and didn't put the flowmasters on. I still like the old style turbo mufflers
Old 07-09-2003, 02:22 PM
i think its broke...

Last photo:

hey mean green, i got basically the same application as u only i have 4 cats. yes i know what u mean when u punch the gas!! first time i did that with them i laid some rubber im actually running 18" red thrush glasspacks and they give my car a more deep tone and make the compression more noticeable
Old 07-09-2003, 07:05 PM

I am running dynomax coated headers,3" pipe with an H pipe,dynomax ultraflo welded ovals with turndowns at the rearend. There is zero difference between open headers and/or thru the exhaust. This is in my 72 Malibu 461 ci. th350 and 3.73's.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.