Exhaust Bends - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2006, 03:52 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Exhaust Bends

Hotrodders

I have a 64 nova with an 460HP 355ci. I have long tube Hooker headers and a set of flow masters already on the car. I am now going to run exuast all the way out the back. This is being done at my naighbors shop for price of pipes only.

The set up runs about 2 feet from the header to the flowmaster. Right after the Flowmaster (2")there is a sharp 45 degree bend up to clear my 4 link set up and go over the axle. All this is in 3" pipe.

My question is will this hurt my flow much? Also is not really a bend it's more an 45 degree cut on the tail pipe section.

I can see why he did it like this for the chassis has all been modified for the 4 link and narrowed frame and so on. I just wonder if I should make him move the muffler closer to the header and do a normal 45 degree bend?

Is this to sharp of bend right after the Flowmaster? Can it damage my motor?

Edit: I found my camera. Much better.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2006, 04:45 AM

Last photo:

I don't think the abrupt bend will provide any more obstruction than the muffler.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:32 AM
jack of all trades

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onovakind67
I don't think the abrupt bend will provide any more obstruction than the muffler.
i agree. but that is a pretty ugly, and, somewhat of a hack job. it looks like typical muffler shop work.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:07 AM
Member# 3287

Last journal entry: Vortec Heads
Last photo:

I think I might be more concerned about the 2" pipe between the headers and the mufflers.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:18 PM

nova

hi .not to be disrespectfull,but i'd miss a few beers and call flowmaster

tec#1-800-544-4761 . if that has all that money in the motor to make the horse power then get a mandrel flow pipe system . you might awake some more hp.give your motor specs to them i'm sure your car will look even nicer at car shows.

justin.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:36 PM

Last photo:

Thanks for all your replies. My friend just bought a muffler shop that he is going to do machanics out of. He had the lift and bender but has no experiance in doing exhuast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI2600
I think I might be more concerned about the 2" pipe between the headers and the mufflers.
The pipe is all 3" from the headers to out the back. The 2" I stated above was for the dentance of the bend/weld after the muffler.

I will run this for awhile for it cost me about 40$. I think I will get the fender wall headers for this Nova soon. I am also going to make him move the mufflers under the seats to move them up next to the frame rails. I will just have to run the pipe under the fram rails that you see in the pics. Whats even worse is that 4 link bar mounts are about 3" off the ground. I can lift the car up higher with the shock adjustments but I do not like the jacked up look.

Again thanks for the replies. Even if negitive it helps in what I am doing. I truly found a great site.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.