Exon Valdeze....in my driveway - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2003, 09:31 PM
bentwings

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Angry Exon Valdeze....in my driveway

Tonight I decided to change the oil in my Dodge 3500 diesel dualy. I carefully removed the double sized oil filter and filled and installed the new one without spilling a drop. Didn't even have to crawl under the truck. Feeling pretty at this point. I grabbed my trusty drain pan and oil plug tool and started to remove the oil plug. I did a double take and realized that the drain pan is too small for the big Cummins diesel so I slithered out from under the truck drain pan in hand leaving the oil plug hanging. You guessed it...the d..m plug fell out while I was searching for the big drain pan. When I came back out the freaking oil was running out from under my wifes car which was parked in front of the truck. (driveway is slanted.) Ever wonder how fast 2 1/2 gallons of hot oil will spread??Now this stuff is the blackest stuff short of Alaskan crude (diesel pan oil is really black) you ever saw. I'm out of cat sand as I never spill anything in the shop (ha ha) so I go to Krogers and get cat sand. Mean time it starts pouring rain. by the time I get back the oil has reached my wifes flower garden and is running over the sidewalk into the d..m grass. One whole side of the driveway (concrete) now looks like it was freshly blacktopped. Fortunately I had the fore sight to get a several extra bags of cat sand. It took all of the bags just to cover this mess. I don't know how many prime flowers are killed and 10 feet of grass is going to be a slimy mess. Hopefully it will stop raining soon. Guess I should have taken the truck to the dealer for the oil change.....like my wife said.

Anybody know how to remove oil stains from concrete???

bentwings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2003, 11:04 PM
Where's my Sawzall?

Last wiki edit: Window removal and installation
Last journal entry: More progress...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Muriatic acid, don't ask how I know...

You can find it anywhere they sell pool supplies, or in most well-stocked hardware chains. It's marketed as concrete cleaner...

Doc
Old 10-06-2003, 05:22 AM

Last photo:

oil spill

really nasty people will always tell you small pengins will soak that oil right up the problem is there never on sale down here it is true though that feathers are great they actuly use large booms of chicken feathers to soak up major spills

but try this a dust pan and hand broom will steep up any liquid aand pour it in to a drum then rags 'saw dust ' or cat litter
after that there are biodegradable disspersants they still wont do the flowers much good but the acid above may cause a huge problem with those pertunias
Old 10-06-2003, 11:28 AM
American Madd Man

Last photo:

Just toss a couple ducks in the middle and do an environmental commercial.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:45 PM
bentwings

Last photo:

Smile lightening strikes........the wife haha

Thanks for the help. I like the acid plus I can use the remains for soldering flux. The biodegradable stuff looks good too. Between them I can clean up the oil and kill off the flowers that bring those dang wasps and hornets around.

Now get this...I was supposed to be changing the smoke alarm batteries when instead I was changing the truck oil. My wife is gagging over the oil spill. So she decides to change the batteries herself. She is very dangerous with any tool and electrical stuff.....whoa watch out. She does ok with the first alarm but she has 3 more 9 volts in her pocket...bare. Also in her pocket is a handfull of change. You guessed it....Hot pockets!!!!! yeow. Laugh I thought I'd die. She throws the hot smoking batteries out the door and is madly beating her pants pocket!!!

My teenage boys and I were rolling on the floor laughing. Bang bed room door bang bathroom door!! Me and the dog are on the couch for tonight. One thing about dogs they always will share the couch with you.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:07 AM

Last photo:

lmao.. that was funny..

Nos
Old 10-08-2003, 12:15 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Old 10-08-2003, 05:02 AM
American Madd Man

Last photo:

GREAT visual! And you are so right about the dogs. My Jack Russel and I have been bunk mates many a time!

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.