Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Expectable horsepower?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 10:03 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

The replacement cam is indeed a roller cam.

As for the exhaust, it is stock for now, however I do plan on getting a decent set of headers in the near future. I will likely end up using the stock intake as I'm only 15, and it was enough trouble talking my dad into the upsized cam (BTW I read somewhere that this cam should give me an enhanced midrange, and that it'll give me a slight lope?).
The guy at the performance shop I got it from said that this was actually the biggest I could go without the necessity of modifying anything.

I also already have the crank, rods, and pistons in already, we'll probably end up re-using the lifters as they have minimal wear.

I'll probably end up taking some of that valve grinding compound I have and the suction cup thing I bought and giving the contact surface for the valves a slight cleaning.

Thats all I can think of for now.

I would also like to add that the stock cam was indeed rather tiny, there was quite a visible difference between the new one and the old one.