Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Expectable horsepower?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Fyi perfrect unbent valves will roll around in circle bent ones will wobble and not roll back over the same spot. If you get what im saying.

I use a glass table top to see if the valves are straight just rolling them around by hand and seeing if they appear straight. Bent ones are very clear when one a flat surface. Machinest flat plate is best but they are expensive.

Also never use a hammer on any type of valves. I know some time ppl say to smack the valves gently to check the keepers or to seat them down after cutting. You never need More than thumb pressure to check the seat ypu can let the valves smack the seats a lillte to start a good seal but this will oly require ligt thumb pressure any more than that is needed then something else is wrong.

I would also try tp get it going with stpck exhuast and upgrade later so you dont over shoot what the computer can keep up with. Its only going to make so much hp over stock form. With that said i am not up to date on the efi systems in the newer gm. I know you can tune for anything so i usally plan to go that route. Not sure of the upper limit of the stock system.

Last edited by hcompton; 12-01-2012 at 11:01 AM.