Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Experienced opinions please
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 04:50 AM
How can it go faster?

Last journal entry: Been a long Winter
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Experienced opinions please

k guys, I am gonna build me a 350 SBC. I am aiming for 400 hp at least and I want this to be a weekend type of driver (shows, cruising, beat the next guy to the stoplight type of motor) I think it will eventually go in a mid 70's truck. I have a block that I am gonna pull out of an old impala. I don't know the casting numbers on it yet but I want to get a head start on the planning here.

I have edelbrock performer carb and performer RPM intake new to put on it so far. My question is this: I am gonna pull the motor and drop it off at the machine shop for cleaning/prep work. I am not sure what it is that I want done exactly (specific numbers and all). I imagine it will need bored but what will be best for my application (I don't believe that the motor has been rebuilt before) and I also want to have it line bored (all the journals, right?) What else should I have done at the machine shop and any advice on the build would be nice.

I am new to this stuff and I have a dream. Now I need some help with the planning please.

Later.