Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Exterior hinges on a Model A trunk?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 07:40 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5window
Thanks. I am not at all sure why you'd suggest removing the drop rails?

I don't have a "stock" place to relocate the original hinge pin-it's more or less a welded washer system. I am having a lot of issues realigning the trunk lid into the slightly off space created by the original re-assembler of my coupe.

The idea was to use something like 35-36 hinges mounted to the top of the deck lid, but I am looking for other options.
A simple pinned hinge will not work. The geometry will require that as you open the trunk lid it will have to move rear wards and unless your car was reassembled really crappy, the trunk lid will interfere with the drip rails. Other options are to use something like this - hinges - but misalignment, that needs to be corrected in the body assembly as a different hinge system wont be a fix for that - and for an 'A' - just about every part is available aftermarket.

I can't imagine, and it's only my opinion, how misplaced a set of external hinges would be on an 'A' - but then it's your car and choice.

Dave W