Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Exterior ideas for firebird
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 01:07 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Martinsr,

I agree with you on that firebird, and know what you mean about spending time on the body instead of just adding hoods and spoilers. Sometimes less is more... ALOT more.

When I go to a car show, I look for the cars that have been touched all over, and you can tell those apart from some of the ones that were just put together... you know the ones with the none buffed paint, and gapped panels.

That firebird looks really nice with that cut and buffed black, plus with the deep dish wheels out back. It reminds me of a 1996 cobra I did in all black, it had deep dish torque thrust wheels in the back... the body was stock, but I spent so much time just sanding and buffing the car. It really paid off, and when I watched the car drive away all you could see were the trees surrounding the car because it mirrored so good.

I believe bigdog should leave the body stock, maybe add the duck tail spoiler... then a nice set of 17 or 18 inch wheels with deep dish in the back. I believe he would really really appreciate a nice completely cut and buffed black paint job. Internet pictures really don't do it justice...