Hot Rod Forum banner

exterior trim

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  oldschool hero 
#1 ·
I want to recondition some of the aluminum trim on the exterior of my 68 chevelle. What is the best method to do this without buying alot of polishing tools.

#2 ·
There is no other way other then buy the buffing wheel and compond to do it if it is aluminum its not that hard to polish all you need is some light compond and a can of never dull but if it is stainless steel then you will need a buffing wheel and a stick of the compond and glaze

#5 ·
mr t body said:
I addressed an offer to help to one poster without naming any company, any product name, or even a description. If the mods don't want manufacturers helping out with specific problems then they can delete it.
But, you did put in contact information which is against our policy......You can however put your website address in your profile....thanks

#7 ·
You may be right about that......but, those are the guidelines that our administrator set for us.....so, that's the way it is.

Besides, you weren't be just telling your contact info to one poster, you were showing everyone on the board that info....If you wanted to give that email address to that one guy, I would suggest PMing it to him......

#8 ·
If you're refering to the side trim that is aluminum it will depend on how dull it is.I have done a lot of polishing trim over the years and know the score.The trim is anodized and no matter what it will not shine up to what you would expect.You need to strip the anodize off then buff it to the shine and either have it re anodized or use some good wax to keep it from tarnishing.The above threads say we can't mention products or companies,so if you will PM me I will give you all the info. you will need.

#9 ·
The above thread does NOT say that you cant mention products....What it does say, is that a maker/distributer of these products cannot come on this board trying to sell his product.....If you have no link to a company, you can mention their products, as you have nothing to gain by it other than the great job it does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.