Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Extra Credit Report about a Hemi
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentwings
Want to know something sad?? I tossed probably a dozen sets of those dimpled valve covers in the trash back in the old top fuel/gas days. They looked like crap when they were chromed ...back then. We kept a few sets of adjustable rocker arms. You could buy better lighter ones so these were just for emergency. We used to keep the block, heads, crank, and oil pumps (56) and a few cams and a couple plain valve covers that we had chrome plated.. The rest went to the junk yard. We used to be able to get a whole car for $50 tops. We'd get a couple and rip them apart on a week end. Sometimes we got $10 for the remains. 300's were better. It was rumored they had high nickle blocks. Never saw any difference. Imperials sometimes had the dimples as did the truck and marine blocks. We just went shopping and took every thing we could find. If it had 57 or 58 in the serial number it was a 392.
don't you just hate us old guys. haha
Well . . . Did I ever tell you about the sheet metal parts I threw out from my Willys? How many thousand primo Willys front sheet metal clips got tossed in the crusher in favor of a fiberglas clip?

Also Silentlion_69, what was your grade on your Hemi essay?