Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - extra insulation help..
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 07:49 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by APalusky
I see that the Dap comes in bulk. I need something in a rattle can. Is there another product??
DAP does indeed come in a rattle can, CLICK HERE but you got some good advice from Vince. Rattle cans have a different formulation to get the glue to come out of the little hole. There is no aerosol that the glue manufacturers recommend for overhead use on a car roof, and that includes newer cars with headliner boards, but on the floor any contact adhesive will work. I would brush on DAP HHR (high heat resistance)top and trim adhesive before I would use the rattle can. But why brush when you can spray it? You can buy a cheap spray gun at Harbor freight for $17 ( item number 43760) that comes standard with a 2MM nozzle that will spray the DAP fine. That's all I ever use. I just did a headliner in a '53 Chevy that had fiberglass insulation stuck right to the roof that was still going strong after 55 years. It was put up there with HHR contact adhesive.

I agree that jute would be my last choice for carpet padding. I use regular rebonded carpet padding over B-Quiet Ultimate or B-Quiet Extreme. CLICK HERE Watch how thick your padding is, or you can end up with problems with door clearance.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.

Last edited by DanTwoLakes; 12-19-2008 at 08:18 AM.