Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Extremely hard clearcoat????
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 06:07 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by panelwagon62
Here's my story....when I was working on my camaro I stripped the whole car right to bare metal, engine bay and everything. At the time my painter was all about etching primers and how they are the greatest thing known to mankind. Me at the time not knowing any better says, ok I'll use it. I etch prime the whole car, then 2k surfacer after all my body work of course. The car is damn near ready for paint when come to find out I accidently picked up the wrong can or reducer for the etch primer!! Yep the whole car ended up being stripped again body work and all. Almost a years worth of work down the tubes. Everyone including my painter said I should have just finished it, but I couldn't knowing what I had done. Still not knowing any better the second time around I still used acid etch. Then I found this site and have been a dedicated epoxy user ever since. Now I'm wondering if I should strip the car a third time and use epoxy. Quite the lesson learned huh? My lesson was never listen to just one person, do your damn re search and always double check what you are mixing!

i have become a epoxy user myself,but in the past have painted on many cars using etch primer and to this day they still look great,some over 15 years old.

by great i mean no paint problems on my end,its up to the owners how they care for there ride