Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - fabricating performance parts for a 305 GMC V6
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 10:57 AM

Last journal entry: pistons
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

'kay so its been about 2 weeks and not much has been posted to kinda help out with this soooo how should i design the runners should i leave them rectangular or i was thinking having them tapper into a triangle, going of course backwards from the heads to the plenum this should give me more space to have the runners cross under the plenum, this a good or a bad idea? also i need a suggestion for a short 2 or 4 barrel carb ~400cfm and relatively cheep also an electric choke would b a very high priority on it. also does anyone know more about the larger V6's from this period? do they have a more radical cam and would if fit in the smaller V6's or would they just bore/stroke them and leave a virtually identical cam in it? i was thinking maybe using the cam from either the 351, 351e, 351m, or the 379 because from the limited engine data i do have i would feel safe hazarding that its the same block just bored on the 351's and then bored and stroked on the 379 but i would really love confirmation.
also i was rather bothered by the "trying to hot rod a engine that wasn`t intended to be a hot rod" i would like to point out that the Model T's were never meant to be rodded either and now they are one of the most iconic hotrods out there, its a rare car show that doesn't have at least one T bucket in it. and most glaringly in modern times the honda civic. the civic was supposed to be an efficient people mover, now they are probably the most heavily modded cars on the road today. i dont know maybe i was reading into it too much but i kinda felt like he was trying to politely tell me to just buy a ZZ350 and move on
also i started a journal here

Last edited by GMCfive-0V6; 03-11-2009 at 11:14 AM.