Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - fabricating performance parts for a 305 GMC V6
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

It wasn`t my intention to make you feel that way but you can take it anyway you like. If the engine was meant to be a hot rod then the aftermarket would have picked up on making hot rod parts for it.
Comparing flat head engines and honda ricer engines to what you have is apples to oranges. I never said buy any engine, you can run whatever you like and it makes no difference to me what so ever.
Flat heads and honda ricer engines both can be modded quite a lot and still get there doors blown off by almost a stock small block.
If you want to focus getting power out of your 305 V6 then do as I suggested and focus on the torque the engine makes. Thats why this engine had a 1 barrel carb with long runners as well as a heavy rotating assembly, it was designed to make torque, not horsepower. Torque is what moves the vehicle, torque is what shreds tires. I`ll take a low end torquer engine any day over a 10,000 RPM high revver.