Factory OEM parts - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2008, 04:31 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Factory OEM parts

Hey guys i'm in the process of restoring a 1982 Olds Cutlass Supreme. Only problem is i can't seem to find parts for it. I just know that if i didn't need them they would be right in my way, and now that i do thier nowhere to be found, but ain't that just the way it goes. If it was a snake it would probably bite me. I would preferre factory OEM parts but nice aftermarket stuff wouldn't be bad either. I basically need all new interior parts, dash, seats, headliner, ect. I would also like to find some aftermarket stuff to redo the engine compartment. The car origonally had A/C but i'm not gonna be puttin that back on so i'd like to find a panel to close up all the stuff that i removed but still keep the heater core and blower for a defroster. I've been lookin for a couple weeks now so any direction u guys can offer is much appreciated.
Thanks, Danny

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2008, 06:44 AM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

Parts

Kinda general but as far s the fabric parts are concerned the material that is real close to original is available and a good sticher can come up with it..Some of the trim pieces were also used in other GM cars of that body style so they can be found at swap meets and such..Also get out and about to the local pick-a-part and watch e-bay and craigslist for similar types of parts cars..Probably the pieces will not be all found in a week or two and will need some searching around to locate what you need..If one is careful one can remove and restore the plastic pieces so they look good..

Most of us wind up in the do-it-yourself mode as not all of what we need is readily available and we have to do that in order to get what we need..

When you get a bit more specific let us know and maybe someone has a line on where things can be found..

That is a GM G body so other GM G body cars such as the Malibu and Monte Carlo share a lot of pieces so hse may be a source of some parts..

Good Luck

Sam
Old 07-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

The problem you are facing is common. It's a matter of economics. In order for there to be a company or companies willing to provide replacement parts for your car, there has to be a market for those parts. An '82 Cutlass isn't exactly a classic, so finding parts will be very tough. Now if it was a '72 Cutlass you could find 10 places that offer parts. Fabric is available at Original Auto Interiors Good luck.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.

Last edited by DanTwoLakes; 07-03-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:29 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatonde
Hey guys i'm in the process of restoring a 1982 Olds Cutlass Supreme. Only problem is i can't seem to find parts for it. I just know that if i didn't need them they would be right in my way, and now that i do thier nowhere to be found, but ain't that just the way it goes. If it was a snake it would probably bite me. I would preferre factory OEM parts but nice aftermarket stuff wouldn't be bad either. I basically need all new interior parts, dash, seats, headliner, ect. I would also like to find some aftermarket stuff to redo the engine compartment. The car origonally had A/C but i'm not gonna be puttin that back on so i'd like to find a panel to close up all the stuff that i removed but still keep the heater core and blower for a defroster. I've been lookin for a couple weeks now so any direction u guys can offer is much appreciated.
Thanks, Danny

Try posting over here in the parts wanted forum www.maliburacing.com
I know it says maliburacing,but there are alot of guy's over their with other G-Body GM's(MonteCarlo,Cutlass,GrandPrix.....),and if they don't have it forsale they can help you find it.I found a perfect set of rear wing window's for my 83 Malibu Wagon on there,after look every place else for a year for them.
You will have to join the forum.

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.