Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Is this Fairlane Rare?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangsaly
I Had a (buddie back in 1977, we were 16 yrs old) that bought a 66 Fairlane GTA 390 C6 Auto, it was green with a white stripe on the bottom. i think he paid $500 for it. i think the GTA was kinda Rare. it said GTA on the Hood and on the stripe on the bottom of the car.

Mustangsaly
The GTA's were the automatic equipped cars, not exactly rare just not as common because back in '66 automatics "were for girls". Of course we eventually figured out automatics could be fast too........ and girls could drive fast cars. An old girlfriend's older sister was married to a guy that raced back in the 70's, he bought her a '69 Shelby GT500 428/4 speed to play with at the track. She was not only a babe but she could cut a better light than 90% of the guys and she could drive a stick about 20 times better than him...... they got divorced. Go figure. Just saw her a few months ago after almost 25 years. She's still HOT! but....... I'm happily married.