Hot Rod Forum banner

Is this Fairlane Rare?

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  onebadmerc 
#1 ·
Im trying to figure out the production numbers on are fairlane but i cant seem to find them as im not a ford guy and i dont know where to look

its a 1966 Ford Fairlane 500XL 2 door post came with a 289 if that helps

#5 ·
KULTULZ posted this today over in the Engine forums.............

FAIRLANE Production Numbers

I don't see any 500 XL post cars either, maybe somebody trimmed out their cheapy model with parts from a Hdtp.? There was a '67 fairlane wagon near here that had all the goodies except for the FE motor from a GT swapped on to it to make a "GT Wagon" It looked totally factory, VERY cool!

#6 ·
Hippie said:
KULTULZ posted this today
I don't see any 500 XL post cars either, maybe somebody trimmed out their cheapy model with parts from a Hdtp.? There was a '67 fairlane wagon near here that had all the goodies except for the FE motor from a GT swapped on to it to make a "GT Wagon" It looked totally factory, VERY cool!
reminds me of the Olds 442 wagons and the Pontiac GTO "phantom" wagons, very cool. :thumbup:

#7 ·
I Had a (buddie back in 1977, we were 16 yrs old) that bought a 66 Fairlane GTA 390 C6 Auto, it was green with a white stripe on the bottom. i think he paid $500 for it. i think the GTA was kinda Rare. it said GTA on the Hood and on the stripe on the bottom of the car.

Mustangsaly

#9 ·
Mustangsaly said:
I Had a (buddie back in 1977, we were 16 yrs old) that bought a 66 Fairlane GTA 390 C6 Auto, it was green with a white stripe on the bottom. i think he paid $500 for it. i think the GTA was kinda Rare. it said GTA on the Hood and on the stripe on the bottom of the car.

Mustangsaly
The GTA's were the automatic equipped cars, not exactly rare just not as common because back in '66 automatics "were for girls". :p Of course we eventually figured out automatics could be fast too........ :embarrass and girls could drive fast cars. An old girlfriend's older sister was married to a guy that raced back in the 70's, he bought her a '69 Shelby GT500 428/4 speed to play with at the track. She was not only a babe but she could cut a better light than 90% of the guys and she could drive a stick about 20 times better than him...... they got divorced. Go figure. Just saw her a few months ago after almost 25 years. She's still HOT! :eek: :drool: :evil: :mwink: but....... :nono: :spank: I'm happily married.

#10 ·
Hippie said:
The GTA's were the automatic equipped cars, not exactly rare just not as common because back in '66 automatics "were for girls". :p Of course we eventually figured out automatics could be fast too........ :embarrass and girls could drive fast cars. An old girlfriend's older sister was married to a guy that raced back in the 70's, he bought her a '69 Shelby GT500 428/4 speed to play with at the track. She was not only a babe but she could cut a better light than 90% of the guys and she could drive a stick about 20 times better than him...... they got divorced. Go figure. Just saw her a few months ago after almost 25 years. She's still HOT! :eek: :drool: :evil: :mwink: but....... :nono: :spank: I'm happily married.
Who cares if she is still hot...Does she still have the Shelby?! Thats whats important right now!
Later,
WEIMER

#12 ·
Weimer said:
Who cares if she is still hot...Does she still have the Shelby?! Thats whats important right now!
Later,
WEIMER
No............ that's part of the reason I'm still happily married LOL. ;) Yeah right, in my dreams........even if I wasn't happily married I'd only think about it. She was/is hot but she was and probably still is about as unstable as they come. In the 3 and a half years her sister and I were together she was married 3 different times and had 4 boyfriends besides! And not necessarily while she wasn't married. :eek: But DAMN could she drive a 4 speed!!!!

#13 ·
This car is canadian by the way, i think it would be really hard to get all the chrome trim to fit though thats what makes me believe its more rare, not to long ago i seen a brochure for 66 fairlanes and it said there were post cars but i cant recall the numbers

#17 ·
The picture of the 66 Fairlane you posted is just a plain jane 66 Fairlane that somebody put XL trim on. I have yet to see a factory XL Fairlane in 2 door sedan configuration. As for being a rare car, it wasn't in the 60's, being almost 40 years old I would say they are rare now. The 66 Fairlanes in my opinion were the best looking of the Fairlanes made and they make excellent rods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.