Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Fan Clutch Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 06:34 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classix_Lover
Well I have a mild 454 so I figured a standard duty clutch with a good fan shroud should suffice, but then again it does get pretty hot around here in the summer. I'm guessing I should try the SD one first from somewhere locally, although I'm not sure where to find one around here.
I have had my tow vehicle 80 gmc dually crew cab and have battled running hot while towing for 17 years, changed everything, water pump, rebuilt motor, radiator, sealed shroud, dist new with correct timing. was told the fan clutch was ok, You will not be disappointed if you buy the GM your only choice for the best clutch fan for your big block, more expensive but my over heating problems are over. There is a sufferance in clutch fans. the neighbor spent over $700 dollars on rad and electric fans for his motorhome no good till he took all the stuff of and when with the GM heavy clutch fan. Don't be cheap like I am and was it cause me great frustration. Hot engine equals hotter transmission and other problems. trust me Ed ke6bnl